All persons planning to host or participate in a private gathering, as defined above, must comply with the following requirements. Local health jurisdictions may be more restrictive than this guidance. Refer to your local guidance for what is allowed in your area.
- Gatherings that include more than 3 households are prohibited. This includes everyone present, including hosts and guests.Remember, the smaller the number of people, the safer.
- Keep the households that you interact with stable over time. By spending time with the same people, risk of transmission is reduced. Participating in multiple gatherings with different households or groups is strongly discouraged.
- The host should collect names of all attendees and contact information in case contact tracing is needed later.
2. Gather Outdoors
- Gatherings that occur outdoors are significantly safer than indoor gatherings. All gatherings must be held outside. Attendees may go inside to use restrooms as long as the restrooms are frequently sanitized.
- Gatherings may occur in outdoor spaces that are covered by umbrellas, canopies, awnings, roofs, and other shade structures provided that at least three sides of the space (or 75%) are open to the outdoors.
- A gathering of no more than three households is permitted in a public park or other outdoor space, even if unrelated gatherings of other groups up to three households are also occurring in the same park or other outdoor space. If multiple such gatherings are occurring, mixing between group gatherings is not allowed. Additionally, multiple gatherings of three households cannot be jointly organized or coordinated to occur in the same public park or other outdoor space at the same time – this would constitute a gathering exceeding the permitted size.
3. Don’t Attend Gatherings If You Feel Sick or You Are in a High-Risk Group
- Anyone with any COVID-19-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, night sweats, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tiredness, muscle or body aches, headaches, confusion, or loss of sense of taste/smell), must stay home and not come into contact with anyone outside their household.
- Anyone who develops COVID-19 within 48 hours after attending a gathering should notify the other attendees as soon as possible regarding the potential exposure.
- People at higher risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19 (such as older adults and people with chronic medical conditions) are strongly urged not to attend any gatherings.
4. Practice Physical Distancing and Hand Hygiene at Gatherings
- For any gatherings permitted under this guidance, the space must be large enough so that everyone at a gathering can maintain at least a 6-foot physical distance from others (not including their own household) at all times.
- Seating must provide at least 6 feet of distance (in all directions—front-to-back and side-to-side) between different households.
- Everyone at a gathering should frequently wash their hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. A place to wash hands or hand sanitizer must be available for participants to use.
- Shared items should not be used during a gathering. As much as possible, any food or beverages at outdoor gatherings must be in single-serve disposable containers. If providing single-serve containers is not possible, food and beverages must be served by a person who washes or sanitizes their hands frequently, and wears a face covering. Self-serve items from communal containers should not be used.
5. Wear a Face Covering to Keep COVID-19 from Spreading
- When gathering, face coverings must be worn in accordance with the CDPH Guidance on the Use of Face Coverings (PDF), unless an exemption is applicable.
- People at gatherings may remove their face coverings briefly to eat or drink as long as they stay at least 6 feet away from everyone outside their own household, and put their face covering back on as soon as they are done with the activity.
- Face coverings can also be removed to meet urgent medical needs (for example, to use an asthma inhaler, take medication, or if feeling light-headed).
6. Keep it short
- Gatherings should be two hours or less. The longer the duration, the risk of transmission increases.
7. Rules for Singing, Chanting, and Shouting at Outdoor Gatherings
- Singing, chanting, shouting, and physical exertion significantly increases the risk of COVID-19 transmission because these activities increase the release of respiratory droplets and fine aerosols into the air. Because of this, singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged, but if they occur, the following rules and recommendations apply:
- All people who are singing or chanting should wear a face covering at all times while singing or chanting, including anyone who is leading a song or chant. Because these activities pose a very high risk of COVID-19 transmission, face coverings are essential to reduce the spread of respiratory droplets and fine aerosols;
- People who are singing, shouting, chanting, or exercising are strongly encouraged to maintain physical distancing beyond 6 feet to further reduce risk.
- People who are singing or chanting are strongly encouraged to do so quietly (at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice).
- Instrumental music is allowed as long as the musicians maintain at least 6-foot physical distancing. Musicians must be from one of the three households. Playing of wind instruments (any instrument played by the mouth, such as a trumpet or clarinet) is strongly discouraged.
Remember, California Globe reported last week, more than 30,000 medical practitioners and medical & public health scientists recently released a letter called the Great Barrington Declaration, telling politicians who continue to keep people in lockdown, they are causing more health issues and deaths than COVID-19.
This latest order is from Gov. Newsom, who also Tweeted out a recent ridiculous message:
“Going out to eat with members of your household this weekend? Don’t forget to keep your mask on in between bites. Do your part to keep those around you healthy. #SlowtheSpread http://covid19.ca.gov.”
31 thoughts on “Mandatory Requirements for All Gatherings – CA”
What a joke. They cannot tell me what I’m going to do in my home. It’s obvious they aren’t happy or thankful for anything; thus, they have to push their gloom and doom on others. Screw them.
What about your 700 people events mr. WALZ????? DOESN’T APPLY TO YOU?
People of Minnesota are seriously done with your double standard crap!
This has nothing to do with socialism. Wow
This is socialism ,your trying to get rid of the churches. You are evil people , listening to Satan God will overcome all you satanists. Jesus is my Savior and Donald J Trump is my president. Trump 2020
This is BS… open it back up it’s not a pandemic anymore. We’re not buying into your lies!
This is ridiculous and unconstitutional!! All this is is another political stunt!!
Excuse me?? Mr. Walz, if this is indeed your ‘rule’ on people celebrating a thankful time, then I expect you to pay my mortgage payments and utility for the next year if you insist on telling me how to conduct MY FAMILY CELEBRATIONS! I will not comply with this and just tell me when to expect the monies needed to make my payments. I look forward to hearing from you.
Unfortunately, you should grab a mirror, take a look, you are your own tagline.
Screw you, Timmy. 40 years of science went by the wayside in June,because it didn’t fit your fear-mongering agenda.MASKS AREN”T GONNA STOP ANY VIRUS!! We’re DONE with your bullshit.
Bite me. Haven’t obeyed since day one and never will.
You fat ass dumb fuxxx you’ve runined thousands of kids lives so you go straight ahead an fuxx your self. We are in America the land of the free. Covid has a 99.98 percent survival rate under the age of 75 and there’s this Andes of other things that’s been around for hundreds of years that has a much bigger death rate. YOU just don’t advertise about that because politically that is not benefits against
*AND THERE’S other viruses a lot more deadly
F off Walz. We will do whatever we want in our homes with our friends and families. You work for us. You don’t make laws.
Your irresponsible crushing of the city and state is insufferable MR Walz!
You will be. Voted out and the lefts collusion with China will be known! To the world one day!
The citizenry is on too you!
As if I’m going to have a gathering outside when it’s below zero. The guy is nuts. What about Black Friday at Walmart? I guess you can’t get coronavirus there.
Screw you Walz! My family and i will do whatever we want to do in the privacy of our home. We will be inside with as many people as we want to invite, playing games and eating and nobody wearing a mask.
The Only part that makes sense is if you are sick or in the high risk category you should stay home and avoid gatherings the rest is utter nonsense and does absolutely nothing to prevent Covid19! When are these politicians going to start telling us how many people are dying from the flu and or pneumonia instead of Covid19? The numbers show That most all of those deaths are being reported as Covid19. This is the biggest health scam of our lifetime! If you test positive for Covid19 you should also be tested for the flu and pneumonia to rule them out! Covid19 tests are flawed they are abundantly false positive results! This is the only way to know for sure is to test for the other possibilities as well!
Socialism at its finest. I can’t understand that people are not fighting for their freedom! I think it’s clear now that Biden/Obama are seeing how long we will follow these guidelines.
These are guidelines in California. Does MN have similar guidelines? https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/CDPH-Guidance-for-the-Prevention-of-COVID-19-Transmission-for-Gatherings-10-09.aspx
I am beginning to think we the awake ones are the virus… being masked as to not to be able to spread..TRUTH!!!
This is bullshit and nothing but!
You are kidding, right! My body my choice! Stop trying to tell us what to do with our families. They will make their own choices. Come to my house and tell me different! By the way you better have a warrant and identify yourself, because I protect my family. Then I will say get off my property and go arrest the looters and rioters. Then I will say go to the memorial parks where our vets our honored for fighting for our freedom not for dictatorship.
These governor who push this bullshit mandates on people are full of shit! We need to get rid of all there asses for killing people! Wearing the mask make your immune system weaker and easy for you to get the covid! They all need to be voted out!
Haha I like how at the end it says California and their governors name lol.
Pure Communism. How much longer will We the People tolerate this tyranny?
I say we converge on in front of the Governors mansion. Maskless with pitchforks.
so funny. I’m having a big Halloween Party and a even bigger Thanksgiving Party so F you governor Walz.
Unfortunately, you should grab a mirror, take a look, you are your own tagline. It looks like you will believe anything.
What are you believing now?
the coward of the county fearful of what might happen…. 100 patients all infected , 70% wore a mask all the time.. 3% never wore the mask… = commonsens = science
I got two words for you and your BS…
from all the rocks and cows you despise.
Phuck you, Walz. You let rioters do whatever they want,and now u want to tell us what we can and can’t do for thanksgiving in the privacy of our own homes?. I will have as many ppl in my home as i damn well plez, and no, you will not be privy to the
names or the number of my guests. Take your drumstick and shove it up your arse!!
Comments are closed.