Jay Duggan January 20, 2021
Today we find out from State Senator Karin Housley that MNHealth and Governor Walz have not prioritized the most vulnerable population, our seniors 65+, for distribution of the vaccine. Some state prisoners and MN Zoo workers are getting vaccine before the most likely people to succumb to COVID-19. You can’t make this stuff up.
Senator Housley tells us the latest outrage of mismanagement. WATCH IT AND BE SHOCKED! https://www.facebook.com/SenatorKarinHousley/videos/787557525164391
None of this is new. Since Governor Walz locked us down in March to “flatten the curve” so Jan Malcolm and MNHealth could provide for hospital capacity and protect the most vulnerable among us us, the list of failures for our seniors has been almost a weekly tale of one incompetent action after another by them.
MNHealth’s list of disasters since the COVID emergency was declared has proven that their management is the only “emergency” that needs fixing. Included in the many failures, most of which were discovered and announced by Senator Housley, include:
- Despite 80% of COVID deaths coming from Day 1 in eldercare facilities, all PPE and equipment was prioritized to hospitals the seniors went to AFTER getting sick.
- Two months of emergency elapsed before an eldercare facility plan was even announced
- COVID infected seniors were sent back into or retained in eldercare facilities , including those facilities known to by MNHealth to be understaffed or with poor inspection records
- Four months of emergency elapsed before the eldercare action plan was entering full implementation
- Senator Housley had to beg the Governor to activate the Guard to make bodies available to start eldercare facility COVID testing. MNHealth and Walz never used any of the $2 BILLION in fed money to hire any of the laid off nurses for testing or eldercare augmentation. Since they were soldiers AND NOT NURSES they accidentally hurt a facility worth of ppl before getting the hang of it.
- Five months of emergency elapsed before eldercare facilities starting getting comprehensive COVID testing for staff and residents on a cycle, and this came after many weeks of MNHealth begging for people to fill the unused testing slots at general public drive-up sites.
- Minnesota learned in August THAT MNHEALTH INSPECTORS WERE NOT BEING TESTED AND HAD BEEN BRINGING COVID INFECTION INTO NURSING HOMES DURING THEIR ROUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!
- Well into September , October, and November ELDERCARE FACILTIES STILL ACCOUNTED FOR 70+% OF THE COVID DEATHS but well under 70% of the focus of MNHelath actions and resources.
- Minnesota NEVER entered into a comprehensive effort to test and clinical trial any of the therapeutic pharmaceutical treatments, including steroids, hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, etc, etc.
- Walz spent $8+ million on a cold storage building for bodies that was never used, and spent millions on an empty nursing home in Roseville for convalescent treatment of seniors that also was never used.
- Jan Malcolm dedicated large quantities of the limited MNHealth inspectors over the summer to be the backbone of dozens of staff and resources going into rural areas to enforce executive orders on masks, and again in December sent dozens of those same staff out again to inspect restaurants and bars for shutdown compliance. INSTEAD OF ASSISTING AND INSPECTING THE SOURCE OF 70-80% OF COVID DEATHS FOR PROTOCOL COMPLIANCE IN FACILITES LOCKED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC JAN MALCOLM INSTEAD USED HER RESOURCES TO PUNISH WORKING PEOPLE AND IGNORE SENIORS.
- And the last controversy. Prisoners and state employees are being vaccinated in front of our most vulnerable seniors. If Walz and Malcolm were Republicans this is how it would be portrayed – TIM WALZ IS KILLING GRANDMA TO VACCINATE MURDERERS. That it is true makes it more ironic.
Rocks and Cows has heard several state senators mention that deficient agency commissioners should be graded on job performance for confirmation, and that a “3 strikes and you’re out” policy should be enacted. How about a TWELVE STRIKES and you’re out policy?
Senator Housley has been the one to uncover or highlight most of the 12 issues above. Lucky her. She happens to be the Assistant Majority Leader in the Senate and can do something about it. Talk is cheap, about 12 disasters and 11 months too late and too cheap. The 13th rant on Facebook about incompetence wont move the needle, or help our seniors. IT IS LONG PAST TIME TO HAVE A NEWS CONFERENCE, LAY OUT THIS LIST OF FAILURES AND ANNOUNCE JAN MALCOLM WILL BE FIRED and send some bills to the floor demanding that our parents and grandparents COME FIRST.
TELL SENATE LEADER GAZELKA AND ASST LEADER HOUSLEY “FIRE JAN MALCOLM, AND PUT OUR SENIORS FIRST”
SIGN THE PETITION SO WE CAN TELL ALL THE SENATORS WE WANT JAN MALCOLM TO GO!