Jay Duggan June 22, 2021
Corporal Eric-John Niss de Jesus – USMC, of Mountain Lake, died last week in Okinawa Japan in an ocean swimming tragedy. At only 24 the young man was very accomplished. A high honors high school grad, he was introduced by Rep. Rod Hamilton to, then admitted and graduated from the University of Minnesota with a B.S. in Animal Science. After graduating Eric-John enlisted in the Marine Corp, was promoted multiple times within his first enlistment, received commendation several times and once for saving a fellow Marine’s life, was an MP and K-9 trainer, and was recommended for Officers Training by the Pacific Installations Commanding General as an exceptional person to be on the fast track. Even in the moments before death his fellow Marines say he was more concerned they made it to safety than for his own safety. He will be missed by an entire state and nation, in addition to a huge family network in Minnesota and around the country. That exceptional men such as Eric-John still feel the desire to serve our nation is a blessing we can never be grateful enough for.
Corporal Eric-John’s close family has relayed through posting at the St Peter MN community Facebook page, and through communications with U.S. Rep. Jim Hagedorn’s veteran’s outreach office:
CORPORAL ERIC-JOHN ARRIVES AT MSP INT’L AIRPORT THURSDAY, 6/24, 1:51PM
MARINES AND PATRIOT GUARD LEAVE MSP INT’L AIRPORT AT APPROX. 2:30PM TO TRAVEL HIWAY 169 SOUTH
IF YOU WISH TO WELCOME CPL. ERIC-JOHN HOME, APPROX TIMES FOR WAYPOINTS – (contact links, locations, and any other details that need updating will be updated below on this page replacing old info. Estimated times depend on traffic to leave the metro, but Marines never fail so you will see Eric-John)
NOTICE TIME MOVED UP – CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES
- Eden Prairie 2:40pm, Anderson Lakes Parkway (sidewalk on bridge overpass and parking at Jerry’s Foods)
- Shakopee 2:45 , Marschall Road (fenced pedestrian sidewalk at bridge, mall parking both sides bridge) Shakopee Legion #2 and Marine Moms members
- Jordan 3:00, 2nd St W/282 (park on Frontage Rd/Syndicate St on southbound side of intersection) Reported Jordan FD and Vets Honor Guard attending
- Belle Plaine 3:05, Veterans Memorial Park, Belle Plaine Veterans Club
- Le Sueur 3:15 pm, Wolf Motors (across from Cambria Mfg north of town top of hill) St Peter Honor Guard falls in here.
- St Peter 3:30pm, All of Minnesota Ave thru town on southbound side – details HERE
- Mankato 3:35pm, Range St between W Lind St & Webster Ave (frontage across hiway from Harley Davidson) Keith Haskell 507-835-9155 if you need directions/questions
- AFTER KATO WEST ON HIWAY 60
- Lake Crystal 4:00pm , Hwy 60 between Collis “C” Store and Kevin’s Mkt, Lake Crystal FD & Legion #294
- Madelia 4:10pm Camping World, per Wantonwan Beyond the Yellow Ribbon
- St James 4:20pm special route thru town listed at Wantonwan Beyond The Yellow Ribbon
- Butterfield 4:25 in front of Caseys and NAM per Wantonwan Beyond The Yellow Ribbon
- Mountain Lake 4:30pm
Saturday, 6/26, 4:30pm, Honor Ceremony for Eric-John, Mountain Lake High School gymnasium
Eric-John Niss de Jesus – Obituary
Rocks and Cows of Minnesota, public page on Facebook, will post any and all live feeds we are notified of in real time as they are posted. Message us if you are going to be FB Live, and title your post w/Cpl. Eric-John & location. St Peter MN community page also has been posting all known updates.